On February 11 & 12, 2016, the American administrators of Allyage paid a visit to the Ecully campus. The following board members attended this visit:
- Patrick Dupuis (EMLYON84), SVP, Simplicity, Quality and Productivity (SQP), PayPal & SVP, eBay; Treasurer of Allyage;
- Marc Onetto (Centrale Lyon 73), Retired SVP, Amazon.com, Administrator, Flextronics & Administrator, Essilor; Chairman of Allyage;
- Marie-Hélène Steinman (EMLYON95), SVP – Wealth Management, Wealth Management Advisor, Certified Financial Planner, Merrill Lynch; Administrator of Allyage.
The main objective of this annual visit is to maintain a strong relationship between Allyage and our schools. They took advantage of this visit to:
- Meet up with the finalists of the two previous Startup Challenge editions and discuss the development of their startups;
- Make inquiries about the different strategic projects developed by École Centrale de Lyon and EMLYON Business School in France and abroad;
- Meet up with some students of the double-degree CENTRALE LYON – EMLYON, as they are enthusiastic supporters of the program;
- Organize a conference “International Careers – from Ecully to the United States of America”, dedicated to the students and alumni of both schools; they shared their professional experiences and some advice on how to get expatriated to the US;
- Hold a board meeting to define the projects that will be supported by Allyage in 2016.
Among the supported projects in 2016, let’s remind all that the applications to the third edition of Startup Challenge opened on January 11, 2016. The deadline to submit applications is on April 13, 2016. This challenge targets venture creations developed by students and alumni from both schools. For more information on the challenge, please follow this link.
The American administrators left the campus very enthused by their visit and the quality of the exchanges they had with all the stakeholders. This visit to the campus will be maintained over time and they have already scheduled to come back in February 2017.
For the fourth year in a row, we are glad to announce the organization of the annual Forum of the American Foundation in October 2016. It will take place in San Francisco, CA and the dates of the event will soon be confirmed. This event is jointly organized with the Association des Centraliens de Lyon and EMLYON FOREVER alumni network, as it represents a great opportunity to gather alumni from both schools, in the US.